Sunday, May 24, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTE

On this Memorial Day 2009, I would like to pay tribute to all those who have so bravely fought and died for the freedoms we enjoy in these beautiful and wonderful United States of America.

Thoughts of those who have lost their lives to preserve the freedoms we enjoy each day causes me to feel deep gratitude not only for them, but for my own loved ones who all returned home safely after military service.


Five of my uncles served during World War II. Their experiences were difficult and harrowing to say the very least. All five returned home safely after the war. Each of these uncles has been a great influence for good in my life and the lives of many others.

My husband and two sons honorably served and defended our country in military service during three different wars: my wonderful husband, Lloyd Alan Kilpack during the Viet Nam War, our son Travis Hurst Kilpack served before, during and after Desert Storm, and our son Christopher Alan Kilpack served during the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thankfully, they each safely completed their military service and, like my uncles, each live lives that influence others for good. I am so very proud of each of them.


Thanks to all those who have and who currently serve in the Armed Forces of the United States of America. God bless you all and GOD BLESS THE USA.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I was so sad we didn't sing any patriotic songs yesterday in church. We are so blessed to live in this free country, and owe it all to our servicemen and women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, mom! This post makes me super proud of my family. Great post.

    ReplyDelete